Apr 20, 2007

Mother of Handicapped Daughter Who Spent Decade Seeking Ban on Partial Birth Abortion Celebrates Ruling

Wow, Just think of how we get preprogrammed by society to not take the risk of a handicapped child. Think of all those who could have made beautiful contributions to their families and society. The most wonderful thing of all is that Jesus loves and forgives all our sin...and wants to heal you if you have had to make that decision. Whether you feel you made the right or wrong decision. Receive Jesus' love.~Glenn
clipped from www.breakingchristiannews.com

Though she chose not to abort her own baby at 7 months, despite doctor's recommendations, mother says of others who did: "I have nothing but love and sympathy for women who make that decision."

Said Vance: "I chose not to go through with the late-term abortion because...life doesn't really belong to me; it belongs to God, so it's only His for the taking. I wasn't going to be a part of killing my own child. I knew that she could have awful handicaps, but it didn't matter to me because I still loved her. She was still my child."

In 1991, Lori Vance 7 months pregnant was told that her unborn child should be aborted due to no fewer than five major brain defects supposedly detected by doctors. She did not follow the doctor's advice.

Times-News Staff/TN (April 20th, 2007)

Today, that child-Donna Joy-is a 15-year-old eighth-grader at Rogersville Middle School in Tennessee who, despite her disabilities, is reportedly enjoying a happy childhood. Read more of this story.


No comments: